Dr. Harsh VardhanUnion Minister of Health and Family Welfare reviewed the status of Nipah virus Disease today.
Ms. Preeti Sudan, Secretary (HFW) also took an in depth review of the current situation of Nipah virus disease in Kerala with the Ministry officials.
A brief on ongoing activities is as under:
- Central Team has visited the case and all the 6 symptomatic contacts.
- One positive case admitted in Aster MedicityCheranelloor, Ernakulam is now conscious and having mild fever.
- A total of 316 contacts are being followed up on daily basis
- 6 symptomatic contacts have been admitted in quarantine facility at Medical College and all 6 samples were found to be negative for Nipah virus as per reports of NIV Pune. 3 contacts are now afebrile.
- Sample from one symptomatic contact is being sent to NIV Lab.
- Strategic Health Operation Centre (SHOC) at NCDC has been activated from 04.06.2019 and it is coordinating activities for Nipah containment. Till date 40 calls have been attended at SHOC- NCDC regarding Nipah information.
- District Control Room has been set up in the Collector Office (Helpline No. 04842425200)
- Joint Commissioner(Livestock Health) has deployed two experts to Ernakulum, Kerala to support local Animal Husbandry Department in the investigation.
- On the basis of the epidemiological investigation, team from NIV Pune and Animal Husbandry are investigating bats and other animals in the vicinity of his (confirmed case)residenceduring the possible time of transmission of infection.