Matrimony reports Q4 matchmaking revenue growth of 13.1% Y/Y
Matrimony.com Limited, the leading online matrimony company, announced its audited standalone and consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended March 31, 2020, as approved by its board of directors.
Murugavel Janakiraman, Chairman and Managing Director said, “Despite the challenging situation caused by COVID-19, we were able to demonstrate a double-digit revenue growth in matchmaking and an increase in profitability in Q4. With our focused efforts towards business continuity, we were able to prioritize employee well-being and safety and achieve close to 100% work from home for our people. We continue to drive efficiency across all areas to be a stronger organization. We continue to improve our product and services to provide superior customer experience. Our robust balance sheet will help us to navigate these troubled times and with the right interventions, the business can emerge stronger when the situation improves”.
Key financial highlights for the quarter ended March 31, 2020
· Billing at Rs 96.3 crores (growth of 4.8% q/q and 1.5% y/y)
· Revenue at Rs 94.1 crores (growth of 4.5 % q/q and 9.3 y/y)
· Profit After Tax (PAT) at Rs 6.8 crores (growth of 20.9% q/q and decline of 4.5% y/y)
· Billing at Rs 94.7 crores (growth of 5.9% q/q and 4.3% y/y)
· Revenue at Rs 93 crores (growth of 5.8 q/q and 13.1% y/y)
· 4.6 million active profiles as of March 31, 2020
· Added 1.45 million free profiles and 183,348 paid subscriptions during the quarter
Key financial highlights for the year ended March 31, 2020
· Billing at Rs 368.6 crores (growth of 3.6%)
· Revenue at Rs 371.8 crores (growth of 6.7%)
· Profit After Tax (PAT) at Rs 29.5 crores (decline of 30.4%).
· Billing at Rs 356.6 crores (growth of 4.1%)
· Revenue at Rs 360.4 crores (growth of 7.3%)
· Added 5.28 million free profiles and 704,259 paid subscriptions during the year
· The Board of Directors, at its meeting held on May 20, 2020 have recommended a final dividend of 70% (Rs 3.5 per equity share of par value of Rs 5 each), subject to the approval of the Shareholders. The final dividend includes a special dividend of 40% (Rs 2 per equity share of par value of Rs 5 each), on the occasion of the company’s 20th Anniversary.