Contributing towards building a collision-free India on roads tomorrow, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. bought its National Road Safety Awareness program to Kota and sensitized over 2,000 college students of Om Kothari Institute of Management & Research and Sudha College of Nursing.
Spread over 3 days, Honda’s National Road Safety Awareness program helped students to understand the importance of safety on road be it walking as a pedestrian or as a two-wheeler rider or four-wheeler driver. Since the national flag-off of this social responsibility program 11 months ago, Honda 2Wheelers India has educated more than 2.50 Lac school & college students in over 120 cities on road safety.
Speaking on Honda’s commitment towards sensitizing youth on road safety, Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President – Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Safety is Honda’s top priority. As a responsible corporate in the mobility business, we are pro-actively inculcating safe riding habits in the society. The National Road Safety Awareness initiative is a step towards transforming youth of today and building a safer future for tomorrow. At Honda, we are delighted to reach over 2,000 young students of Kota who have not only taken safety pledge themselves but will further spread the message as road safety ambassadors to their families too.”
Honda’s National Road Safety Awareness program made learning fun yet scientific through:
- SCIENTIFICALLY DEVISED LEARNING MODULE: Honda’s skilled instructors set the foundation with theory sessions for students on road rules, traffic signs and safe riding etiquettes.
- INTERACTIVE VIRTUAL LEARNING: With many college students either being new or potential future riders, Honda’s virtual simulator increased students’ risk prediction ability on roads before actual riding.
- EXISTING DRIVERS HONING RIDING SKILLS: Those students who are already existing riders tested and honed their riding skills through slow riding activities and riding on narrow planks.
- WOMEN EMPOWERMENT THROUGH DREAM RIDING PROGRAM: Honda’s safety instructors empowered female students to independently ride a two-wheeler in just 4 hours under Dream Riding program – designed exclusively for women. The women focused program offers free of cost riding training to every woman who wants to become an independent two wheeler rider.
- LEARNING IN A FUN WAY: To ensure that the young students could learn more about road safety, Honda also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on daily basis
Honda’s CSR commitment towards Road Safety:
As a socially responsible corporate, Honda is actively contributing to spread road safety awareness and has educated over 3.65 Lac people in Rajasthan through its Traffic Training Park & regular awareness camps in schools, colleges, corporates and societies.
Sensitizing people of all age groups, Honda has made 30 lac Indians aware on road safety. Honda’s safety riding and training programmes held daily at its 14 adopted traffic parks across India (Jaipur, Karnal, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Chandigarh, Yeola, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ludhiana, Coimbatore, Trichy, Thane & 2 in Delhi). Honda also provides training to learner license applicants at its 4 traffic parks (Karnal, Bhubaneswar, Trichy & Coimbatore) & 3 Safety Driving Education Centres (Ranchi, Kozhikode & Vijayawada).