HCL Foundation organized virtual ‘Yuva Mela 2022’ to celebrate the potential of youth on National Youth Day
- Commemorating the Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, which is also observed as National Youth Day, HCL Foundation, the CSR arm of HCL Technologies organized a virtual event – ‘Yuva Mela 2022’. Swami Vivekananda was a great Indian philosopher who had immense faith in the potential of youth for national transformation. In keeping with this spirit, the event was a celebration of the potential, agility, resilience, and contribution of the youth towards the national building agenda.
- This virtual event brought together almost 1,000 young minds who are part of the various interventions supported by HCL Foundation, under its flagship programme, HCL Uday, across various locations of India. This included young scholars who have excelled in academics as well as sports, youth being trained in various trades across the ‘Yuvakendras’ (Skill Development Centres), young micro entrepreneurs and women part of the various HCLF supported SHGs. Various industry experts also participated in the event and conducted sessions on varied topics relevant to the youth.
- Ms. Roshni Nadar Malhotra, CEO, HCL Corporation, Chairperson, HCL Technologies and Chairperson of the CSR Board Committee joined the meet and motivated the youth of our nation. Ms. Nidhi Pundhir, Director, HCL Foundation, also addressed the youth and partners and acknowledged their contribution and achievements.
- During the event, the beneficiaries participated in panel discussions with representatives from each sub-theme actively guiding young fellows to achieve their goals while contributing to national development. The objective was to create a learning and development platform for this conglomeration where they get to meet and interact with successful people from various industries and fields and feel inspired by their stories.
- The event comprised of multiple Youth Development sessions which were organized by industry experts. These sessions focused on holistic development of future workforce and witnessed participation from Dr. Anagha Lavalekar, Director and Associate Professor, Jnana Prabodhini’s Institute of Psychology, Dr Arvind BA, Additional Professor, Centre for Public Health, NIMHANS, Mr. Tushar Malik, CEO – iWire Global (IoT), and Ms. Payal Randhawa, Founder/ Director – BWorks Communication & Advisory Services, among others
- HCL Uday, under the Skill Development and Livelihoods vertical, works towards economic, social, and emotional empowerment of the youth such that they contribute meaningfully towards the larger nation building agenda. This is achieved through strategic interventions focused on employability, communication skills, vocational skills and life skills. HCL Uday also focuses on enabling linkages with Government social entitlement schemes for the youth, digital and financial literacy, life skills as well as holistic health and well-being for the young people.
- The Skill Development & Livelihoods vertical has five sub-themes – Yuvakendra (Skill Development Centres), Women Empowerment, Social Entrepreneurship Incubation, Career Counselling and Strengthening Government Institutions. Under this vertical of HCL Uday, HCL Foundation has partnered with 54 highly skilled NGOs have supported the implementation and success of the programmes.
- Through such meets, HCL Foundation hopes to develop a cohort of young fellows who are skilled in sectors that are highly in demand and relevant as per the economic and social landscape of the country.
- About HCL Foundation- HCL Foundation (HCLF) was established in 2011 as the CSR arm of HCL Technologies. It is a not-for-profit organization that aims to alleviate socio-economic and environmental poverty and achieve inclusive growth and development. Various flagship programs and initiatives of the Foundation, endeavor to contribute toward national and international development goals, bringing about lasting positive impact on people and the planet, through long-term sustainable programs, ensuring equitable access, opportunities and holistic development for all. Active community engagement ensures optimal long-term gains and upward accountability. HCL Foundation works through Life Cycle Based, Integrated Community Development Approach with a thematic focus on Education, Health, Skill Development & Livelihood, and Disaster Risk Reduction & Response. Child protective strategies, inclusion, and gender transformative approaches remain central in all initiatives of the HCL Foundation.
Ms. Nidhi Pundhir, Director – HCL Foundation said, “Yuva Mela 2022 further reiterates HCL Foundation’s commitment towards inclusive development of youth while acknowledging the potential towards the economic and societal growth of the country. HCL Foundation works extensively in all-inclusive development of youth and is assured on the transformation capabilities. We acknowledge the contributions, capabilities and capacity of our young fellows and wants to celebrate them through Yuva Mela 2022. With the growing need to invest in the latest technologies, we strongly believe that our programs will encourage the youth to create a sustainable ecosystem in the future. Along with NGO partners, HCL Foundation will continue to be a part of youth’s transformational journey by celebrating the caliber of every single individual of this country.”