‘Away from Gadgets’ –A Three Day Boot Camp For Teenagers
Throughout this pandemic, experts have said repeatedly that mental health crisis would be left in its wake – stress and anxiety certainly run high and that goes for teenagers too. Spending most of their time on apps like Zoom calls, playing games and because of all the restrictions this year – many teenagers felt isolated.
Keeping this whole situation in mind, Delta105 has come up with an idea where they are organizing a Boot Camp for teenagers with a theme – “Away from Gadgets”.
At Delta105 – An Army experiential zone, the boot camp will give you an overview on how to go further with your mountaineering journey. The camp is led by professionals and enthusiasts who are well experienced and will give you proper guidance and training for an adventurous and fun-filled experience and will help you in going one step further towards your dream. Their core trainers’ are-
- Lt Col Romil Barthwal, Army Veteran is an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur and IIM Lucknow and has led 10 major mountaineering expeditions as team leader including the mighty Mount Everest. He is a motivational speaker and a strategic leader.
- Bharath Thammineni is a genetic engineer by qualification and a mountaineer by passion. He has a distinction of reaching the summits of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Manaslu. He is a highly experienced mountaineer with 8 years of high-altitude expeditions under his belt.
· 3 Days & 2 Nights stay
· Army Obstacle Course
· Tent Pitching
· Obstacle Run
· Survival Training
· Leadership Sessions
· Star Gazing
Learning’s from the camp:
The boot camp will provide a deep dive into the mountaineering world. Attendees will be provided training about the
- Basic skills required for mountaineering
- Equipment’s required and how to use them
- Fitness level required
- Motivation through movies and stories
- Guidance and counseling
- Confidence and personality development
Travel Essentials: Cap for trekking, woolen cap, Towel, Socks, Torch with cells, Toilet requisites, Goggles, Trekking/Sports shoes, Heavy Jacket, Cotton lowers, Tracksuit, Thermal innerwear, Gloves & Sunscreen.
Protection against Covid-19: Delta105 is regularly sanitized and concern measures are taken for the trainee’s safety.