Aiming to bridge the gap between academia and industry, Dassault Systèmes announced AAKRUTI 2022, a nationwide product design competition
Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: FR0014003TT8, DSY.PA) today announced AAKRUTI 2022, a nationwide product design contest for engineering, design and technology students in India. AAKRUTI 2022 aims to provide students all over India an opportunity to come up with innovative solutions providing answers to longstanding problems and address the challenges of tomorrow – both technological and social. The challenge involves three stages – preparing product design, design concept submission, and final product submission – during which participants create a project virtually through online collaboration enabled by the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform .
A total of 5038 contestants from 23 states all over India are in pariticipation for AAKRUTI 2022. The competition has engaged with 302 colleges and 1384 teams participating, out of which 143 teams are all-girls teams. Through this competition students gain exposure to the latest technologies and trends offered by Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE Works, SOLIDWORKS and 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
“Dassault Systèmes is committed to driving interest and enthusiasm for technology and science among young students; developing skills to foster their employability, and promoting innovation in education with experience-based learning,” said Deepak NG, Managing Director, India, Dassault Systèmes. “The 3DEXPERIENCE platform can help students enhance their learning and solution-building experiences. We believe this is an essential step in building the right skills and preparing the workforce of the future. AAKRUTI 2022 is part of our commitment to help students explore new technologies through hands-on experience.”
AAKRUTI 2022 has five distinct themes that will allow students the freedom to innovate:
· Good Health and Well Being: Development of products that address a real clinical need with a solution that is affordable, energy-efficient, easy to handle and flexible. Students are expected to design affordable, portable and easy to use customized medical equipment. Additionally, students can also redesign existing medical equipment into sustainable products.
· Affordable and Clean Energy: This theme aims to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. Students can design, expand and upgrade energy services for developing countries.
· Sustainable Cities: Students can design safe and affordable housing systems, or affordable and sustainable public transport systems. This theme aims to lead to designing a product that helps cities minimize the use of natural resources.
· Responsible Consumption and Production: In order to reduce food losses along production and supply chains, including post-harvest losses, students will need to design a product that achieves reduction of food wastage or reduces the wastage of the harvesting.
· Life Below Water: While water is viewed as the next big challenge for the world, students need to explore ways to optimize its use and create solutions which will help minimize water pollution in households, industries, agriculture and public places. Students need to design innovative devices that can help conserve water, preserve life below water, avoid water contamination, or clean water reservoirs.
Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform is a collaborative environment that empowers businesses and people to innovate in entirely new ways and create products and services using virtual experiences. The platform provides a real-time view of a business’ activity and ecosystem, connecting people, ideas, and data, allowing everyone involved to interact and work together. Businesses can seamlessly design and test new experiences, from idea to market delivery and usage, before actually producing or investing in them.