Adani Wilmar Limited announces Q4 FY22 Result
Ahmedabad, May 04, 2022: Adani Wilmar Limited (AWL), a Joint Venture of Adani Group of India and Wilmar Group of Singapore, today announced its operational and financial performance for the quarter and financial yearended 31stMarch 2022.
|Financial Highlights (Consolidated)FY22Revenues of ₹54,214 crore, up 46% y-o-yEBITDA of ₹ 1,909 crore, up 34% y-o-yPBT of ₹1,059 crore, up 40% y-o-yNet Profit^1 of ₹804 crore, up 26% y-o-yQ4 FY22Revenues of ₹14,960 crore, up 40% q-o-qEBITDA of ₹488 crore, up 29% y-o-yPBT of ₹298 crore, up 48% q-o-qNet Profit^1of ₹234crore, up 39% q-o-q|
^1 Q4 FY21 and FY21 Net profit normalized with one time income tax reversal.
|Operational Highlights (Consolidated)FY22Overall sales volume stood at 4.80 MMT*, up8% y-o-yFood & FMCG vertical sale volume at 0.64 MMT*, up 34% y-o-yAdded28New Fortune mart stores, taking the total to 33 stores across IndiaQ4’22Overall sales volume stood at 1.29 MMT, up 16% q-o-qFood & FMCG vertical sale volume at 0.18 MMT, up 33% q-o-qAdded12New Fortune mart stores|
*Million Metric Tons
Commenting on the quarterly results of the Company, Mr. Angshu Mallick, Managing Director and CEO, Adani Wilmar Limited said, “We have delivered a steady growth inspite of the challenging macro environment. Thefood & FMCG segment registering double digit growth. We have continued to improveour market share across edible oil & food categories.We are also on track to implement our go-to-market strategyfocused to capture the rural growth story.We will continue to invest in our brand, distribution, sourcing and manufacturing capabilities.Going forward, we will focus more on inorganic growth and strategic investments in the foods space.”
Key Business Highlights-FY 2022 (YoY)
Operational Highlights (Consolidated)
- Consolidated volume stood at 4.80 MMT in 2022 compared to 4.46 MMT in 2021, registering a growth of 8%.
- The Food & FMCG portfolio stood at 0.64 MMT in 2022 compared to 0.47 MMT in 2021, registering a growth of 34%.
- Overall distribution now standsat 5,775 distributors with 65% being common for both oil & foods business. This translates into a reach of 1.7 million retail outlets spread across 6400+ towns in India.
- AWLcontinues to remain strongNo# 1edible oil brand in the ROCP (Refined Oil Consumer Pack) Categorywith a market share of 18.8%.
- AWL launched Fortune Poha, 2 new variants of ready-to-cook Fortune Khichdiand Fortune Total Balance oil (3-in-1 blended oil)in FY22. These launches are in line with focus on expanding the value-added foods basket with health & wellness.
- Successfullylaunched 28New Fortune Mart stores in FY22, taking the total count to 33, spread across India. Fortune Mart is a franchised physical store to showcase the Fortune branded products and are fulfilment centres for home delivery of products ordered through Fortune Onlineapplication (D2C).
- D2C platform Fortune Online is currently live in 25 cities across India.
- Completed acquisition of a Rice mill in the state of West Bengal as a step in the direction to spread manufacturing footprint in food segment across India.
- Repaid long term borrowings to the tune of ₹ 937 crore from IPO proceeds in line with the objects of the Issue.
Financial Highlights (Consolidated)
- Consolidated revenue crossed 50,000 mark and stood at ₹54,214 crore in 2022 compared to ₹37,090 crore in 2021, registering a growth of 46%.
- EBITDA stood at ₹1,909 crore in 2022 compared to ₹1,430 crore in 2021,registering a growth of 34%.
- Consolidated net profit at ₹804 crore in 2022 compared to ₹636 crore in 2021^1, registering a growth of 26%.
- Food business has clocked Revenue of ₹2,621 crore in 2022 comparedto ₹1,906 crore in 2021 registering aYoY growth of 38%.