56% ELITE GIRLS LOOKING FOR A PARTNER OUTSIDE INDIA: ELITEMATRIMONY 2019 REPORT
EliteMatrimony, the premium matchmaking service for the elite, from BharatMatrimony, has revealed interesting findings on India’s rich and the affluent who are looking to find their life partners. This trend is based on their existing users, comprising of more than 1.5 lakhs.
Studying the demographic patterns of the registered users and their preferences, the data revealed fascinating insights. These findings are given below:
- Based on registrations, the top 5 cities are Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
- The Elite customer base comprises of 38% female registrants and 62% males.
- 64% of female users who are seeking a life partner are between the ages of 18 and 27, while 70% of men are in the age group of 28 to 37.
- 6% of the members are from top educational institutes including Harvard School of Business, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, MIT, Cornell, Chicago Booth, Kellogg, Wharton, Dartmouth, NUS, London School of Economics, Oxford, London School of Business, INSEAD and HEC Paris. While within India it was ITS, IIT, IIM, ISB, XLRI, SP Jain, AIIMS, National Law School and Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- 60% are self-created profiles, 40% are managed by siblingsand Parents.
- 56% Women and 52% Men were looking for a partner living outside India, of which USA, UAE, Canada are the top three preferred countries.
- 20%Women and 33% Men are NRIs.
- 33% Women and 50% Menwere looking for a partner with Education qualification of Masters or above.
- Of the elites looking for a partner outside their caste, 8% were Women and 9% Men
- The top five languages of elite registrants are Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Telugu and Tamil.
- The most common Profession among majority of registrations isBusiness, Investment Banker, Entrepreneur and Doctor.
- With respect to the Partner’s career, 29% were looking for those doing Business, 23% a Software Professional, 12% for Civil Services/Army/Navy and 14% preferred Chartered accountants.
Commenting on the elite member trends, MurugavelJanakiraman, Founder and CEO, Matrimony.com said, “India is home to the fourth largest population of millionaires in the Asia Pacific region with nearly 3.5 lakh dollar millionaires as per a report last year. That’s a huge and special market to cater. For this niche segment of members, the needs and preferences when it comes to finding a life partner are unique. EliteMatrimony understands them better than anyone else. That’s the reason why EliteMatrimony is the preferred matchmaking service for the rich and affluent Indians. We see a huge potential and have been witnessing rapid growth each year and seeing plenty of success stories.”
Pioneered in 2008, EliteMatrimony is an exclusive matchmaking service for the rich and affluent. It’s a discreet and confidential service offered by trained Relationship Managers who handpick matches based on status and lifestyle of members and also facilitate meetings with prospective partners. It has India’s largest database of elite profiles.
About Matrimony.com limited
Matrimony.com is India’s first pure play Consumer Internet Company to be publicly listed. It is a signature consumer internet conglomerate, managing marquee brands such as BharatMatrimony, CommunityMatrimony and EliteMatrimony. BharatMatrimony is the largest and most trusted matrimony brand which has also established a considerable retail presence with over 135 self-owned retail outlets across India. The Company delivers matchmaking and marriage related services to users in India and the Indian diaspora worldwide.
The Company has pioneered several new business models such as MatrimonyPhotography, MatrimonyBazaar, MatrimonyMandaps, and CommunityMatrimony, a consortium of over 300 community matrimony websites.