Hilton India has been recognized among India's No 1 company to work for by ‘Great Place to Work’, the global research and consulting firm. In 2022, Great Place to Work® surveyed more than 1300 companies, out of which, the top 100 were awarded, representing more than 4.5 lakh employees in India. Its Trust Index© Survey assessed employees' perceptions of leadership, organizational culture and trust, and is critical to a company being selected to the list of Best Workplaces in the country. Top scoring questions from Hilton cited team members for their recognition of diversity and equity in the workplace, trust in leadership team, and pride of company's value and vision. This is the first time a hospitality brand was accorded this a top honor. The award ceremony was held in Mumbai last night and was attended by the top suite of India’s leading organizations.
Every year, Great Place to Work® identifies India's top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work’ For through an objective and rigorous workplace culture assessment process. In 2022, Hilton was recognized for its exceptional workplace culture and named one of the World’s Best Workplaces by Great Place to Work. Hilton ranked #2 of the top 25 companies and remains the only hospitality company on the list. Since first earning this recognition in 2016, Hilton has continued to build upon its strong workplace culture through an unwavering focus on creating an environment that’s inclusive, offers growth opportunities, is driven by purpose and allows team members to bring their best, most authentic selves to work.
Navjit Ahluwalia, Country Head, India, Hilton said “We are deeply honored to be recognized as the No 1 company among India's Best Companies to Work for 2023 and the Best in the Hotels & Resorts industry. This prestigious award comes at a timely moment as we mark Hilton’s annual Team Member Appreciation Week, where we celebrate the remarkable contributions of our dedicated team. This award is attributed to them and reflects our unwavering commitment to our industry-leading practices and purpose-led culture.”
Sabu Raghavan, Vice President, Human Resources, India, Hilton said, “We are extremely grateful to our 4,000 Team Members in India for embodying and living the brand values of Hilton. Our Team Members are at the heart of our business and always go above and beyond to deliver the most reliable and friendly stays to our guests, spreading the light and warmth of hospitality everywhere they go. Receiving this accolade is a true testament to the exceptional culture that we have built for our Team Members in Hilton.”
Hilton’s initiatives in India include:
- Thrive@Hilton, Hilton’s employer value proposition that cultivates meaningful opportunities and a workplace culture where all team members can thrive regardless of background, role and location.
- Lead@Hilton, an industry-leading learning platform that offers a suite of learning resources on management and leadership, including a Leadership Unscripted video series where senior leaders share career advice and virtual development programs created in partnership with Harvard.
- Careers@Hilton, which provides guidance and highlights opportunities for young people in the hospitality industry through annual awareness campaigns. Paused during the pandemic, the program will restart in 2023.
- Go Hilton, Hilton’s popular team member travel program which offers discounted travel benefits.
- Team Appreciation Week: Hilton’s global initiative which is a week-long global recognition event celebrating all of team members around the world and their commitment to Hilton’s purpose to spread the light and warmth of hospitality. The ninth annual Team Member Appreciation Week was held between June 11 – 17, 2023 which coincides with the recognition of Hilton India’s Great Place to Work honor.
To be certified as a Great Place to Work, companies must meet the minimum quantitative threshold on the Great Place to Work Trust Index™ Employee Survey, which gathers feedback from employees on how credibility, respect, fairness, camaraderie and pride are expressed in the workplace. With the requirements met, companies are certified as a Great Place to Work in the countries for one year. This accolade signifies Hilton India’s unwavering commitment to be the employer of choice for nearly 4,000 team members in India, guided by its purpose-driven culture in creating an inclusive environment where team members are able to bring their most authentic selves to work, realize their potential and enable their growth.