Weather News-Air quality over Delhi-NCR is likely to improve marginally
According to the Environment Monitoring and Research Centre (EMRC) of the India Meteorological Department (IMD):
Air mass inflow forecast in Delhi along with predicted ventilation coefficient and weather forecast is as follows:
- The air quality over Delhi-NCR is likely to improve marginally but remain in Poor category on 19.03.2021 and Poor to Moderate category 20.03.2021. Predominant pollutant is PM10 as northwest part of India is influenced by the transported dust. The dust concentration is likely to subside on 19th March. The air quality is likely to remain in Moderate category on 21.03.2021. The Outlook for subsequent 5 Days: The air quality is likely to improve and remain in Moderate to Satisfactory category.
- The predominant surface wind is likely to be coming from variable directions of Delhi with wind speed 08-14 kmph and partly cloudy sky on 19.03.2021. The predominant surface wind is likely to be coming from Northwest directions of Delhi with wind speed 14-22 kmph, partly cloudy sky, mist in the morning and strong surface winds (speed 20- 30 kmph) during the day on 20.03.2021. The predominant surface wind is likely to be coming from East directions of Delhi with wind speed 10-22 kmph, partly cloudy sky, mist in the morning and strong surface winds (speed 20-30 kmph) during the day on 21.03.2021.
- Predicted maximum mixing depth is likely to be approx. 1800 m on 19.03.2021, 4000 m on 20.03.2021 and 4400 m on 21.03.2021 over Delhi. Maximum Ventilation index is likely to be approx 8500 m2/s on 19.03.2021, 27500 m2/s on 20.03.2021 and 20000 m2/s on 21.03.2021. The ventilation index lower than 6000 m2/s with average wind speed less than 10 kmph is unfavourable for dispersion of pollutants.
- The northwest part of India is influenced by the long range transported dust from Middle-east and Arabian Peninsula. The dust concentration is likely to subside on 19th March.
- Detailed forecast analysis and verification can be seen at https://ews.tropmet.res.in.
- Air mass inflow in Delhi along with ventilation index is attached.
(Please Click HERE for details)
Kindly download MAUSAM APP for location specific forecast & warning, MEGHDOOT APP for Agromet advisory and DAMINI APP for Lightning Warning & visit state MC/RMC websites for district wise warning.