Star Health Insurance launches ‘Star Women Care Insurance Policy’; a holistic policy for women
India, 08 March 2022: This International Women Day, India’s first standalone health insurance company Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd., announced the launch of Star Women Care Insurance Policy, a woman-centric comprehensive health cover specially designed to protect the health-care needs of women at every stage of their lives.
The Star Women Care Insurance Policy is available as both an individual policy and a floater policy to all females from 18 years up to 75 years of age. Women need not undergo any premedical tests to avail this policy. Customers can purchase the policy through premiums which can be paid in quarterly or half-yearly installments and this policy can also be taken for 1 year, 2 year or 3 year terms.
In addition to regular hospitalization, Star Women Care Insurance Policy provides cover for assisted reproduction treatment, Delivery (pre and post-natal cover), multiple medical consultations, preventive health checkups, voluntary sterilization as well as child hospitalization.
Through this policy, mothers can also provide health cover for their new-born child / children. Under the policy, a new-born will gain health cover of up to 25% of the Sum Insured from Day 1 and 100% of Sum Insured from the next subsequent year onward. The policy’s Star Mother Cover feature, even covers the hospital room rent of the insured mother if the insured child is less than 12 years old and is hospitalized in the ICU.
Speaking about the new policy Mr. Anand Roy, Managing Director, Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd. said, “At Star Health Insurance, we endeavor to provide women with a higher level of security and support. The Star Women Care Insurance Policy is an independent and comprehensive policy that allows women to take charge of their own health insurance needs. The policy is customized to meet the requirements of women at every stage of their life , thereby freeing them of the financial worries of increased medical costs.”
The policy comes with a host of special features such as no pre-acceptance medical screening, midterm inclusions, facility to purchase policy during pregnancy, reproduction, pregnancy care treatment, In-Utero fetal surgery surgeries, hospitalization expense of newborn baby, vaccination, pediatrician/medical consultations, preventive health check-up, and much more.
“Women today are not just at par with men but hold multiple responsibilities. Their contribution in nurturing the family is no doubt irreplaceable. Keeping this in mind we have included child care and family protection within this policy so that these wonderful multi-taskers can be well prepared for any medical emergency in their families,’ added Mr. Roy.
Key Features of Star Women Care Insurance Policy:
- Sum insured available up to Rs.1,00,00,000/- ; Customer can opt for sum insured of Rs.5,00,000/-, Rs.10,00,000/-, Rs.15,00,000/-, Rs.20,00,000/-, Rs.25,00,000/- or Rs.50,00,000/-
- Type of Policy – Individual Sum Insured only for females aged between18 years to 75 years
- Floater Sum Insured – Adult 18 years to 75 years with at least one female in the family along with the spouse and dependent children
- Coverage– In-patient hospitalization, Delivery, Day Care treatment, Road Ambulance, Air Ambulance, Organ Donor Expenses, and Pre & Post hospitalization expenses
- Additional benefitsinclude AYUSH Treatment, Rehabilitation and pain management , Ante-Natal Care (Pregnancy Care), In Utero Fetal Surgery/Repair, Bariatric Surgery, Optional Cover (Lump sum on diagnosis of Cancer), Coverage for modern treatments, Medical and Tele-Health consultations.
- Covers the Outpatient medical expensesfrom day one
- Automatic Restorationof Basic Sum Insured once by 100% upon partial or full utilization of the sum insured.
- Discounton online purchase– Insured can avail 5% discount while buying the policy online at starhealth.in. This discount is available for the first purchase and on subsequent online renewals of the policy.
Policy Benefits Include:
- Health Check-up benefit for each policy year
- Hospitalization expenses for treatment of New Born Baby
- Cumulative bonus of 20% of the expiring sum insured for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 100% of the basic sum insured
- Star Mother Cover covers the insured mother room rent (to stay with her child in the same hospital), of the Insured Child is less than 12 years old and hospitalized in the ICU
- Assisted Reproduction Treatment cover sub-fertility treatments like IVF, up to specified limits
- Rehabilitation and Pain Management Expenses covers up to the sub-limit or 10% of the sum insured
- Delivery Expenses including C-section up to 2 deliveries in the lifetime up to the specified limits.
- Hospitalization Expenses for the New Born Baby includemedical and surgical treatment, vaccination up to 12 months, Metabolic screening, and pediatrician consultation (up to 4 consultations)
- Star Wellness Program incentivizes and rewards the insured through various wellness activities. The insured person can earn wellness reward points to get a discount in premium