Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) today launched e-Prospectus for the academic session 2021-2022. The prospectus containing information about admission to various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, B.Tech., B.Arch., Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma courses has been uploaded on the university’s website www.jmi.ac.in and portal of the Controller of Examinations www.jmicoe.in. The online application form may be submitted upto 30th June, 2021. In case of any mistake while submitting online application, the same may be edited from 1st July to 5th July, 2021 while Admit Card shall be issued from 15th July, 2021 onwards.
The Entrance Test for 134 courses will start from 26th July, 2021 to 28th August, 2021 and the last date for submitting Qualifying Exam result is 30th September, 2021. Notice regarding entrance test of part time, certificate, diploma and advanced diploma in language courses will be issued separately later. The dates mentioned above are subject to change under prevailing pandemic situation.
Any update pertaining to the change in date will be uploaded on the university’s website. Candidates seeking admission in JMI are required to visit university’s official website from time to time. The university is launching 8 new courses from the coming academic session:
1) Master of Design in the Faculty of Architecture
2) B.A. (Hons.) French and Francophone Studies in Centre of Spanish and Latin American Studies
3) B.A. (Hons.) Spanish and Latin American Studies in Centre of Spanish and Latin American Studies
4) M.Sc. Environmental Science & Management
5) M.A. Mass Media (Hindi) in the Department of Hindi
6) P.G. Diploma in Translation Studies in the Department of English
7) P.G. Diploma in English-Hindi Translation in the Department of Hindi
8)MBA (Healthcare & Hospital Management)
The university is also starting four new departments from the coming session, namely,
(1) Department of Design and Innovation
(2) Department of Hospital Management and Hospice Studies
(3) Department of Foreign Languages and
(4) Department of Environmental Sciences.
JMI Vice Chancellor, Prof. Najma Akhtar, on this occasion, said “JMI has become an ensemble of a multilayered educational system which covers all aspects of schooling, under-graduate, post-graduate, Ph.D. and post-doctoral education. With 9 faculties of learning, 39 teaching and research departments, over 30 centres of learning and research, 190 courses, approximately 800 faculty members and more than 20000 students we attract brightest young minds from all over the country. They use creative space of JMI to actualize their potential. JMI today holds the torch of illumination giving shape to ideas and fostering innovation. Living up to the promises of the founding fathers, we strive to realize our vision “to create a human universe that offers inclusiveness, equity, fellowship, justice and peace for one and all”.