India asks China to confine its activities to its side of LAC

External Affairs Ministry has said that India and China have been discussing through military and diplomatic channels the de-escalation of the situation in the border area in Eastern Ladakh.
 
On 6th of this month, the Corps Commanders of both nations held a meeting in the Chushul Moldo region where an agreement was reached on de-escalation and disengagement along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). Ground Commanders were meeting regularly to implement this consensus throughout last week.
 
Briefing media, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said while it was India’s expectation that this would unfold smoothly, the Chinese side departed from the consensus to respect the LAC in the Galwan valley.
 
He said they took premeditated and planned action that was directly responsible for the violence and casualties suffered by both sides. He added that this could have been avoided had the agreement at the higher level been scrupulously followed by the Chinese side.
 
The spokesperson stated that India is very clear that all its activities are always within the Indian side of the LAC given its responsible approach to border management. He said India expects the Chinese side to also confine its activities to its side of the LAC.
 
During his telephone conversation with the Chinese Foreign Minister on Wednesday, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar conveyed that the need of the hour was for the Chinese side to reassess its actions and take corrective steps.
 
The Minister said they should strictly respect and observe the Line of Actual Control and not take any unilateral action to alter it. It was agreed that both sides would implement the dis-engagement understanding of 6th June sincerely.
 
Neither side would take any action to escalate matters and instead, ensure peace and tranquility as per bilateral agreements and protocols. 

Loading...

Spread the love

Add a Comment