How Online education system transforming the Indian education system
- Please share your views on the topic Online education system transforming the Indian education system
Online education is playing a pivotal role in the Indian education ecosystem by providing quality education accessible to one and all. Initially, it started out with tutoring, coaching and exam preparation as a support for the formal education system. But today, online education not only provides formal education but also providing reskilling and professional certifications opportunities for working professionals as a part of their professional development.
Currently the largest number of users of online education is a working professional, who are opting for reskilling or professional development programs. We at Indian School of Image Management (ISIM) have also launched a completely online & international accredited program called “Image Management Qualification program” for students & working professionals who would like to up skill their own image & also become International Image professional.
The Indian online education market is set to grow to USD 1.96 billion & around 9.6 million users by 2021, according to a study by KPMG & Google. I strongly believe in the years to come online education will give accessibility to quality education to the Tier II, Tier III cities as well as playing a crucial role in driving Skill India Movement.
2. How do you think the Indian education system is bringing in the change?
The Internet and growing smartphone penetration is the key driving force in bringing in this change. Institutes & Schools are working on producing quality content with the best of the faculty providing it at half of or even less investment than that of a formal education. The content is developed keeping in mind easy accessibility on smartphones and making it more and more interactive and informative.
Another factor that is critical in driving this change is government initiatives such as skill India, E-basta, and Digital India, which is helping in creating awareness as well as infrastructure for education
3.Are there any benefits of online education?
Among the many benefits of online education, I believe the top three benefits are:
1) Cost Effective: Online courses are almost 50% cheaper than the offline alternatives, along with the course fee learners can save cost in travel as well.
2) Time Effective: One can simply log in into their devices to access the programs no matter where they are. This is a boon for working professionals who cannot travel or find time to enhance their skills to go to an offline institute.
3) Quality Education: Online education has opened access to anywhere learning through best in class faculty in collaboration with premier education institutes across the world
Some of the other advantages of online education are the ability to personalize the learning for students as well as performance tracking &immediate results
By Sonia Dubey Dewan,Co-founder Indian School of Image Management (ISIM)