Funskool bags the rights to manufacture and distribute Rubik’s cube in India
India’s leading toy manufacturer, Funskool India Ltd has acquired the rights to manufacture and market the widely popular 3-D combination puzzle Rubik’s cube in India especially in general trade (Mom & Pop stores) and e-commerce channels. This is the first time any Indian manufacturer has bagged the rights for Rubik’s cube from its license holder and global children’s entertainment company Spin Master. The move reinforces Funskool as leaders in the Atmanirbhar initiative by the Government of India. Earlier Funskool had the importing license for Rubik’s Cube. Currently there are two products in the range, Rubik’s 3×3 priced at Rs 649/- and Rubik’s cube 2×2 priced at Rs 499/-.
The new range by Funskool also features another blockbuster game called ‘Upwords’, now licensed to Funskool for manufacturing, distribution, and marketing in India. Hugely, popular among word-game enthusiasts, Upwords has already sold over 10 million copies worldwide.
The festive offerings also consist of Perplexus, a 3-D maze puzzle and Potmania, an arts and craft activity kit for children.
Commenting on the festive launch of the new products, Mr. R. Jeswant, CEO, of Funskool India said, “We are pleased to launch the latest collection of toys, games and arts and craft from Funskool. Rolling out Rubik’s Cube is a milestone for our brand as we hope to ride on the popularity and engagement it already has in the market. Being the leading indigenous toy manufacturer, Funskool strives to keep up with churning out toys and fun games to boost the Atmanirbhar goal of India.”
The new arrivals from Funskool’s are:
- Rubik’s Cube : The Rubik’s Cube is a classic colour – matching puzzle that can be enjoyed at home or on the move. Funskool’s new and improved Rubik’s Cube features a mechanism that results in a smoother, faster and more reliable play. Affordably priced at Rs 649/- for the 3×3, and Rs 499 for the 2×2 cube.
- Upwords : In this high stacking word game, players place tile letters onto the game board to create new words, or stack and build on top to change existing words. This gameboard can rotate for easy play and convenience.
- Perplexus : Perplexus is a 3-D ball-in-a-maze puzzle or labyrinth game enclosed in a transparent plastic sphere. By twisting and turning the sphere, players attempt to manoeuvre a small steel ball through an intricate maze composed of a number of steps (varying in each puzzle) along narrow plastic tracks. There are obstacles of varying difficulty that must be navigated in order to reach the end.
Funskool launches two versions of Perplexus – Perplexus Rebel and Perplexus Epic.
- Perplexus Rebel : With 70 challenging obstacles, it is the original challenging 3D maze contained in a sphere. Guide the ball through high tension manoeuvres and make it to the finish line without falling.
- Perplexus Epic : Navigate the steel ball along the tracks, through 125 barriers of varying difficulty as you try to defy gravity. With gnarly new twists, turns and barriers, Perplexus Epic provides hours of challenging, three-dimensional fun.
- Potmania Activity Kit : A classic Arts and Craft product comprise of 5 different activities which can be done to decorate the Pots: Stamp painting, Sand art, Thread art, Pot painting and scented candle. Designed for children above five, Potmania helps in building creativity, improves concentration and enhances problem-solving and motor skills.