Ashok Leyland ensures 24/7 service support to customers amidst the second wave of COVID -19
India’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja Group, in their endeavour to provide uninterrupted service during these challenging times, has announced a slew of measures to support their customers and drivers. The company, reaffirming its brand promise of ‘Aapki Jeet. Hamari Jeet.’, continues to offer critical support to stakeholders who have suffered with unique challenges presented by the second wave of COVID-19.
The measures undertaken are:
· Emergency support being extended to vehicles transporting essential services including those transporting oxygen across the country through their 24/7 helpline.
· 24×7 services to Delhi Transport Corporation being provided by Ashok Leyland’s Service team
· As a part of the Service Mandi initiative, Ashok Leyland formed a task force, for seamless transportation of oxygen and medical supplies across India. This task force communicated via WhatsApp and proactively reached out to customers and oxygen manufacturers to provide any assistance possible through Service Mandi’s network of 20,000 + touchpoints across the country.
· Contactless deliveries of spare parts in-line with shifting customer preferences to continue to ensure smooth functioning of the logistics and transportation services with the help of the Leykart Digital App.
· Extension on free services for customer vehicles in the warranty period
· Ashok Leyland Workshops are being operated with due protocols across various states of India, in consultation with local authorities to provide service to operational vehicles during the lockdown
· AL Care offers support to close to 1,20,000 customers across the country
· ServiceMandi has 1,00,000 customers registered in the platform with 6,00,000 vehicles already being serviced by the team
· ServiceMandi has a 24/7 breakdown assistance call center with support in 10 regional languages
Commenting on the initiatives and measures being undertaken, Mr. Sivanesan, President and Head of Quality, Service, and Parts, Ashok Leyland, said, “We understand that our customers and drivers are doing what it takes to ensure that essential commodities and medical supplies reach the people while as many as possible stay at home. We are working with all stakeholders while maintaining COVID appropriate behaviour, and through these comprehensive measures, we surely will rise through this pandemic together.”