Ajmer Smart City’s war room instrumental in fight against Covid-19
Ajmer Municipal Corporation (AMC), started taking proactive measure as early from 2nd March 2020, and further issued strict measures from 11th March, the day World Health Organization (WHO), declared the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a global pandemic. AMC sets up Covid-19 War room at Nagar Nigam and is headed by the Senior Ajmer Administrative officials, Medical and Police officers to monitor the existing Covid-19 situation and take further action to reduce the spreading of Covid-19 among its citizens. War Room is also instrumental in planning and implementation of various innovative strategies in order to create awareness among its citizens for following Covid-19 precautionary steps issued by WHO and MHA:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, maintain distance of 6 feet.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces every day. High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. In case soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them. Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- Take your temperature if symptoms develop.
- Don’t take your temperature within 30 minutes of exercising or after taking medications that could lower your temperature, like acetaminophen.
Key initiatives taken by Ajmer City Administration to reduce the spread of Covid-19 virus are as follows:
Public Address system (PA)- Awareness drives related to COVID-19 are being broadcast regularly using PA systems in association with fire and sanitation department of Municipal Corporation Ajmer. Regular surprise field visits are organised by City Collector and Commissioner to review the ground work and take feedback from the citizens directly.
Food and shelter: Homeless are being shifted to designated city shelter. Cooked food and essential things are provided to needy people in the selected localities. In War room, complaints are received from persons for requirement of food. Dry rashan have been distributed to needy persons after physical verification by Flying Squad Magistrates.
Use of Fire Tenders for disinfection: City fire force is using big fire tender to disinfect different locations like main roads of the city, bus stands, bus stops, railway stations, institutions, hospital campus, shops etc. small fire tenders are being used to disinfect whole city ward streets.
Government offices disinfection drive by Nigam health staff
COVID-19 Helpline number is established at city level and is monitored by war room officers. This helpline can be reached for food supply requirement, Disinfection and sanitation services.
Surveillance technologies- Real-time tracking of Disinfection and sanitation workers with GPS based technology.
Setting up quarantine facilities- Hotels and other private institutions are being acquired to Setting up quarantine facilities in the city. CORONA contact tracing of positive case is being done and persons coming in contact are being kept in quarantine centres as per guidelines
ICCC- Abhay Command and Control Center is being used by city Police and traffic department. CCTV camera footage is accessed for monitoring live traffic movement and public movement.
Movement of Migrants: RAJ COP APP is used for issuing the e-passes for inter-state and inter-city movement. Passes are approved by designated city officials for persons want to go outside of Rajasthan or persons want to come to Ajmer city. Stranded labourers of other states can also register on RAJ COVID INFO APP and e-mitra website and arrangements are being made for safe transportation of registered ones to their destinations. Pilgrims visiting Dargah Sharif Ajmer, who were held up in Ajmer due to Lock Down have been identified and have been sent to their respective places by trains and buses after medical checkup/screening and taking care of guidelines.