Aditya Birla Health Insurance launches ‘Activ Care’
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Limited. (ABHICL), the health insurance arm of Aditya Birla Capital Limited, launches ‘Activ Care’– health insurance product for senior citizens. With Activ Care, ABHICL aims to set ‘proactive care’ as a priority for senior citizens, instead of ‘reactive care’ for by empowering them against the various unforeseen uncertainties of life.
Reactive care is to financially equip senior citizens during hospitalization whereas proactive carewill provide them with the essential support system they require in all the three phases of their health journey, i.e. when they are healthy, when they are being treated and during recovery.
Commenting on ‘Activ Care’, Mayank Bathwal, CEO ABHICL said,“Activ Care is conceptualised with a commitment that goes beyond the conventional mode of ‘reactive care’ and acts as an enabler and influencer of ‘proactive care’ for Senior Citizens. This offering is in-line with our core philosophy of focusing ‘Health’in ‘Health Insurance’.
He further added, “These days many youngsters leave their parental homes, to build a career. However, there is a constant sense of concern towards parent’s health and wellbeing. With this insight from our research we are not only expanding the category with ‘Care Solutions’ but with features like ‘Personal Health Coach’, Nursing at Home’ & ‘Cashless Hospitalisation for Home Treatment’, etc. bridging the gap to provide health insurance cover to a section of society who needs it the most.”
‘Activ Care’ can be availed as an individual or as a family floater policy(self and spouse only) with a minimum sum insured of INR.3L upto INR 25L, depending on one’s requirement. This offering has a minimum entry age of 55 years and goes up to 80 years.
Key Features of Activ Care includes: –
- Personal Health Coach available to guide through one’s health journey
- Unique offering of additional 100% of Sum Insured as reload for unrelated illness e.g. 10 lacs additional reload for a 10 lac sum insured policy, in case the cover is insufficient for claims
- Covers 586 listed day care procedures that require hospitalization for less than 24 hours
- Post hospitalisation coverage for Nursing at home, Lifestyle and Portable listed medical equipment at home, if required post hospitalisation ranging from Oxygen cylinders to Ventilator
- Covers treatments given under Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Yoga, Naturopathy and Homeopathy systems
ABHICL’s ‘Activ Care’ understands the emotional and financial intricacies, of senior citizen’s health, hospitalisation and recovery needs that one undergoes during an illness or hospitalization for major treatment.