ABP News concludes another remarkable edition of ‘Yog Sammelan’
As International Yoga Day comes near, ABP News recently concludedthe 6th edition of its ‘Yog Sammelan’. Much relevant for our times in a society still recovering from the numerous implications of the COVID-19 pandemic, the special conclave on Yoga, Ayurveda, and other aspects of healthy living was organized by the news channel to educate the viewers on mindfulness, achieving balance, coping with anxiety, and becoming mentally & physically resilient.
Through insightful discussions, the e-conclave highlighted the best ways of protecting and strengthening one’s body & mind. With live demonstrations & discussions with Yoga Gurus on various asanas & their significance, the e-conclave delved into best practices from different schools of Yoga which can help prepare our bodies in fighting against COVID-19.
The e-conclave witnessed the eminent presence of Kiren Rijiju (Youth Affairs & Sports Minister, In charge – Ministry of Ayush), Yogi Dr. Amrit Raj (Yogacharya, Ayurvedacharya), Manjari Joshi (Yoga & Wellness Guru), Larra Shah (Celebrity Holistic Healer), Sohan Singh (Chinese Yog Guru), Tina Datta (TV Actress), Suneel Singh (Yog Guru), Acharya Pratishtha (Exponent of Yoga), Grand Master Akshar (Spiritual Master, Lifestyle Coach, Author), Ira Trivedi (Author & Yoga Acharya), and Abhijata Iyenagar (Yoga Teacher).
At the e-conclave, celebrity nutritionists and other eminent personalities led enlightening discussions on Ayurveda and its remedies to boost body immunity & healthy living.
Speaking about this conclave, Mr. Avinash Pandey, CEO, ABP Network said, “This pandemic has significantly impacted the psychological health of the people. Focusing on mental health, physical fitness, and mindfulness has become all the more crucial during these trying times. Keeping the same in mind, we conducted ‘Yog Sammelan’ on ABP News, to help and guide our viewers through this time, as they deal with the many implications of COVID-19. We hope the pertinent conversations on the e-conclave help our viewers attain better physical & mental health.”
- Speaking on the e-conclave, Yogi Dr. Amrit Raj said, “Being happy increases our immunity. If we make a habit of doing yoga daily, we will remain healthy. Being happy is also an art. Don’t skimp on smiling.”
- Youth Affairs & Sports Minister, Mr. Kiren Rijiju shared his words of wisdom, “Yoga is such a medicine on which you do not spend any money.” He said.
- Yoga Teacher, Ms. Abhijata Iyenagar said, “I cannot imagine my life without Yoga. It has become an integral part of my life, and exists as the core ingredient of my being. Given the present situation, stress is not just limited to the people affected by covid, but has drastically affected family members, doctors, frontline workers, etc. To overcome this stress, practicing yoga is necessary. Yoga works both on our body and mind, and gives us the strength to overcome the after effects of COVID-19. It provides us with mental stability.”
- TV Actress Tina Datta shared her Yoga journey, “A lot of people think yoga is boring and it involves a lot of hard-work. It is something people believe they can’t do. I used to feel the same but this is not true. After I was introduced to Yoga, I fell in love with it. It’s been 1.5 years since I have been practicing yoga regularly, and I can’t remember the last time I fell ill. My immunity has improved exponentially.” She said.
- “Breathing exercises make your lungs stronger. It makes sure your lungs work efficiently. Yoga has even helped my mother who recently recovered from COVID-19.” She added.