60% Telugu Singles Want to Choose Life Partner on Their Own: A TeluguMatrimony Report
TeluguMatrimony, the leading matchmaking service from BharatMatrimony for the Telugu community across the globe, has revealed interesting findings on how Telugus find their life partners. This matchmaking trend is a study comprising of over 6 lakh existing members.
Analysing the demographic patterns of the registered users and their preferences, the study revealed interesting insights on how Telugus choose to get married. The findings are below:
The top five cities that witnessed maximum number of registrations in AP and Telangana are Hyderabad, Godavari, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Guntur.
81% of the registrants live in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, 9% in other Indian cities outside these states and NRI registrations are about 10%
- About 60% of profiles are registered by individuals themselves.
- 31% of the user base comprises women.
- 53% of women who are seeking a life partner are between the ages of 23 and 27, while 42% of men are in the age group of 26 to 30.
- In tune with the mobile and internet trends, 76% profiles were registered using the TeluguMatrimony app.
- 8% women and 10% men were okay with a life partner outside their community.
- The top profession listed by women who have registered on the website is “Software Professional”.
- Interestingly, a significant percentage of Telugus are open to marrying outside the state, 67% and 64% for women and men respectively.
- Indicating the progressive nature of Telugu speaking people, only 23% of women and 26% men state that they want to find a match only within Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- In terms of educational qualification, 42% of women had engineering degrees and 14.5% professional degrees. For men it was 36.8% and 9% respectively.
Murugavel Janakiraman, Founder and CEO, Matrimony.com said, “TeluguMatrimony has earned the trust of millions of Telugus worldwide and has become the most trusted choice when it comes to finding a life partner. Over the past 20 years, lakhs of Telugus found their match here. We are building our leadership further in the market.”
About Matrimony.com limited
Matrimony.com is India’s first pure play Consumer Internet Company to be publicly listed. It is a signature consumer internet conglomerate, managing marquee brands such as BharatMatrimony, CommunityMatrimony and EliteMatrimony.
BharatMatrimony is the largest and most trusted matrimony brand which has also established a considerable retail presence with over 140 self-owned retail outlets across India. The Company delivers matchmaking and marriage related services to users in India and the Indian diaspora worldwide.
The Company has pioneered several new business models such as MatrimonyBazaar, Mandap.com, and CommunityMatrimony, a consortium of over 300 community matrimony websites.